COVID 19 SAFE PLAN
- Students who show any signs of cold and flu must not attend classes. If a student comes to class unwell please contact parents immediately and ask that they collect their child. Please isolate this student away from the other children.
- Dancers will be reminded waiting in the studio or indoor waiting rooms is not permitted. They must arrive on time and wait for their teacher to welcome them inside.
- Baggage and belongings should be kept as separate as possible to avoid contact with others – chairs will be placed around the room (distanced 1.5m). Students must place their belongings on a chair. Each chair must be wiped down after every class.
- Dancers should be encouraged to come dressed for class to avoid the need for changing rooms.
- Where class payments are required, only contactless or direct debit payments should be accepted.
- Ensure activities are non-contact as much as practical. Accidental contact may occur but no deliberate body contact exercises
- Class register must be taken and recorded every lesson.
- Barres or the floor should be clearly marked to show appropriate distances. You may like to use tape to assist with this.
- Teachers will maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from students.
- Use of shared props and partner-work/physical contact (unless it is with members of your own household) is not permitted.
- No classes should be observed by an audience.
- If students go to the bathroom during class they should be instructed to sanitise their hands before returning to the studio.
- Teachers will ensure the following procedures are adhered to:
- Wipe down and disinfect barres between every class
- Wipe down and disinfectant door handles, balustrades and other high-touch surfaces on studio premises.
- Ensure availability of antibacterial hand soap in bathrooms and hand sanitiser in studios and other areas. Please notify Melissa is hand sanitisers are running low.
- Ensure studios have appropriate and additional cleaning procedures of the premises in place.
- Discard any unclaimed water bottles, hair accessories at the end of each day.
- Staff are encouraged to regularly clean their own personal equipment including sunglasses, mobile phones, iPads and computers.
- Students should be returned following the class to the entrance of the building for collection whilst ensuring Child Safety policies and procedures are in place.